This is my house-move control centre, and my top tip for people moving house!
This shoe box contained:
- Sticky labels – for labelling boxes
- Luggage tags – for tying onto those things that won’t fit into boxes – a guitar case, the tent, shelving units, clothes horses and the like..
- Parcel tape
- The list of boxes packed, their numbers and a rough description of their contents
- Marker pens
- Light bulbs
- Bin bags
- The list of things to do / remember on moving day
- Sandwich bags
- Bags of screws that were from furniture we dismantled (marked up clearly!!)
Carry this box from room to room while you are packing – it has everything you need in it – and make sure you have it with you when you go from old house to new house. It has to be the place you put the odd bits and pieces you are likely to misplace and need when you are in the new house before all the boxes are unpacked. It’s invaluable. It will save you all manner of stress and cross words.
More top tips to come!