- I got a job. This time last year, I was finding the process of job-hunting quite demoralising. Even though I had been excited about giving up my previous job and free-lancing, once I had decided to find a new job I found the process tough.
- I completed two CV-boosting qualifications.
- I got rid of 1,112 things – making a total of 1,321 things since I started decluttering (my blog started a little behind the curve).
- I spent most of my leisure reading time devouring e-books about minimalism, decluttering and happiness.
- I’ve developed a new-found identity as a healthy-fitness person (the reality just needs to catch up with the aspiration).
- I’ve confirmed, through my Simple Pleasures series, that the thing that makes me happiest, most contented, is spending time outdoors.
- I’ve posted 48 blog posts – almost one a week – although in some fits and starts!
Of all my posts this year – these are the top ten (according to visitor numbers and not including the archives page):
- Minimalism is pants!!
- Getting photos streamlined
- Minimalist doggy
- Setting goals – August
- My not-very-minimalist but Christmassy fireplace
- An edible solution
- No more studying!
- Neighbourly cheer..
- The sheer slog of ebay
- How to get rid of 800 things
I have really enjoyed my first year of blogging. It’s not always easy to find the time, or figure out what I want to say. Strangely though, it’s quite like a friendship – the more often you talk, the easier it is to find things to say. It works best for me when I review my drafts every couple of days and keep shaping posts until one is ready to publish.
So, with that short round up, all that remains to say is a big thank you for your support and interest in my wanderings through minimalism and other whims – I feel I have found a small community of friends whose lives I enjoy following and whose support I enjoy receiving – lots of love and cheers to you all!