I’m excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award – designed to get new bloggers some coverage – by Anne over at Minimalist Sometimes (thank you Anne!).
The questions I was given:
1. What is the one thing you are proud of? My ability to adapt and go with big-scale change (despite the fact that I like a good plan!).
2. If you won the lottery, by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do? I would “retire” – spend my time exploring new hobbies, joining new groups, exploring the countryside.. I’d have no problem filling my time!
3. Your absolute favourite dessert? Meringue (though I’m not really a pudding person)
4. What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself? My family would say I’m generous, dis-organised and creative. I would say I’m thoughtful, changeable and independent.
6. Your favourite quote? “No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. Mountains or beach? Mountains (beaches in the UK are not that special!)
8. Can you sing? Probably not as well as I think I should be able to!
9. What is number one on your bucket list? Owning and running holiday cottages in the Cotswolds.
10. Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save? My phone – it has all my contact numbers, the radio and loads of books on it.
11. If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why? To a holiday cottage in the countryside, somewhere quiet and with a fantastic view (and a hot tub).
12. You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things? Work/life balance and a life-long happy marriage – those will do me nicely!
I know that Minimalist Sometimes and Every Week is Green have already been nominated, some of my other favourites either have loads more than 500 followers, or seem to have gone quiet on their blogs. I’m planning to write a follow up to this in order to nominate some more..
The 11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Where do you like to blog?
2. How do you collect / generate blog post ideas?
3. Your favourite quote.
4. Share a link to your favourite recipe.
5. What simple pleasure has made you happy this week?
6. What has blogging taught you about yourself?
7. What’s one of your goals for this year?
8. Favourite holiday destination?
9. Favourite season?
10. Ebook or paperback?
11. What one word would you use to describe yourself?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions you were given
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated!